Routine inspections are required to monitor and verify that cannabis businesses are acting in accordance with federal laws set forth by governing agencies, such as the Cannabis Act and Regulations. To help businesses meet federal regulation standards, Health Canada provides information and guidance and reserves the right to conduct an inspection at any time to confirm that these requirements are being met. Facts you should know:
- Health Canada inspects all facilities before a license to sell cannabis products is issued.
- If your facility meets the necessary requirements for license issuance, Health Canada will schedule the first inspection.
- When necessary an inspection package is provided to the business to help prepare for the upcoming inspection. This package contains the following:
- A fact sheet outlining the mandate and the activities of Health Canada
- Frequently Asked Questions about inspections
- An inspection checklist for licensed producer
- Once licensed, a producer is subject to regular inspections, which could include unannounced on-site inspections at any reasonable time to confirm that the applicable legislative and regulatory requirements are being met.