Develop new cannabis products or clinical studies

Under the Canadian Cannabis Act and Regulations, companies seeking to perform research on cannabis with the intention of developing new products and technologies will be required to hold the Cannabis Research License.

Personnel Requirements:

  • Responsible person
  • Alternate responsible person

The license requirements are:

A Research & Development License holder is authorized to conduct experiments and testing on every form and derivative of cannabis, including live plants, fresh and dried plant material, seeds, oil, wax, and manufactured items such as edibles. This license encompasses all kinds of cannabis-related study, from advancements toward better growing and processing techniques, to improving upon cannabis-based products, and more.

Additional helpful services:

Routine inspections are required to monitor and verify that cannabis businesses are in accordance with federal laws set forth by governing agencies. We help businesses meet federal regulation standards.

Accordion Content

See Also:

cannabis farming

Grow Cannabis

Produce ( not sell ) dried or fresh cannabis, plants and seeds.

recreational cannabis sales

Sell Recreational Cannabis

Sell recreational cannabis to consumers over the age of 18.

Make Cannabis Products

Trim, cut, dry, extract, manufacture, package, label cannabis products.

Conduct Cannabis Testing

Conduct analytical testing for purity, potency, identity.

Sell Medical Cannabis

Sell cannabis as medicine for registered users.

New Cannabis Product Development

New Product Development

Develop new cannabis products or set up a clinical study.

Contact us for a free consultation!

    Personal Info






    Business Info

    License or Service:


    Do you have the capital to start your business or are you still seeking investors?

    Do you already have the property for your business?

    Have you confirmed the zoning regulations for your property with your municipality?

    When do you plan to apply for your cannabis license(s)?:

    NOTE: Your investment into a federal or provincial licenced business will require working capital including infrastructure, equipment, personnel, insurance, etc. To manufacture (make) edibles you must have a cannabis processing licence or partner with a federally licensed processor to make edibles for you. To sell edibles and you must first sell to the provincial government buyer who, in turn, sells to licensed retail stores.

    To serve you better, please provide a brief description of your plans and the information you are seeking:

    Connect With Us

    Talk to a Cannabis Licensing Expert